For this, you will need a ½ ounce of high CBD hemp and ½ cup of shea butter, coconut oil or beeswax. You can even choose to use a combination of the three since this gives you additional benefits and is often highly recommended. With these ingredients, you can use the following steps to make CBD ointment for topical pain relief.
- Place the oils in a glass or ceramic mixing bowl. When using a combination of the three, use a wooden spoon and make sure they are mixed well.
- Place a large pot on the stove and fill it halfway or less with water.
- Once the water is hot, but not boiling, then “you can place the mixing bowl in the pot. Be careful to make sure no water gets into the bowl.
- Once the oils are liquefied and well blended, then you can add the cannabis.
- Allow everything to gently simmer while stirring every few minutes for at least 45 minutes. The longer the mixture simmers, the more potent the resulting ointment will be.
- Strain the ointment through a cheesecloth into a glass container. Squeeze the cloth to make sure you get out every drop possible from the cannabis.
- Allow the ointment mixture to cool completely before you use it.
- After it is completely cool you can use a spoon or spatula to move the ointment into a different container if you want.
- Store the ointment in a cool, dark place, and it will be good for about two months.
A valuable tip is that if you do make your ointment with beeswax or a combination involving beeswax then it will result in a firmer and more stable ointment.
An ointment made with CBD oil has the anti-inflammatory and anti-spasmodic properties of CBD so it can reduce pain, enhance circulation and regenerate cellular activity. There are a number of painful conditions that can be helped with CBD ointment, some of the most common ones are the following:
- Fungal Infections
- Dry Skin
- Joint Pain
- Arthritis Pain
- Muscle Soreness